Tuesday, September 15, 2009

alternative medicine 101

As I've mentioned in my first post, my "day job" (although it's mostly evening hours!) is as a pharmacist. Over the years, I've become more and more interested in alternative health medicine. As a result, I've taken numerous classes and workshops on various subjects such as Ayurveda and Chinese medicine (specifically Pharmacology of Chinese Herbs).  Last year I received my certification in Holistic Health Counseling. I'm also a yoga instructor.  I went through the 200hr certification and I'm currently working on my 500hr certification. 
Last week I went to a lecture titled Alternative Medicine 101.  While I didn't learn a whole lot that I hadn't already read about and studied, I found that lecture very valuable to me.  It reminded me how much more I still wanted to learn!  Over the next year I hope to take classes in Acupressure,  Reflexology, and Herbology.   I also hope to eventually deepen my studies in Ayurveda.  I never get tired of being a student! 


1 comment:

  1. all of this is right up my alley too. i love alternative medicine & healing. ever since i found out about ayurveda i fell in love. as you know i am starting massage therapy school and yoga teacher training. i love the thought of always being a student because that is exactly what we are. :)

    ReplyDelete