Tuesday, January 12, 2010

word for 2010

Happy New Year and greetings from Mexico!

I am in the midst of a fabulous retreat at Hacienda Mosaico Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. The retreat is entitled: How to be a Gorgeous Genius: the Creative Entrepreneur Retreat. The retreat is being held by Lisa Sonora Beam, author of the Creative Entrepreneur. So far, this retreat GREATLY exceeds my expectations. I can't think of a better way to kick off the new year...rather, new DECADE! So far, I've met some completely fascinating people! It's great when a group of strangers can feed off one another's energy. What a great backdrop for the creative process! Once I return to the US, I will post photos and my overview of this wonderful retreat.

Which leads me to my word for 2010: KAIZEN. Many thanks to Kelly (from the retreat) for her great suggestion! The simplest definition of this word is "small steps". It really resonated with me because I tend to be an extremist in some ways. For instance, if I'm goal setting, I tend to choose either a lofty goal or the final endpoint rather than mini-goals which would act more like stepping stones for the final outcome. The end result is that I would become intimidated or disappointed so much that either I wouldn't continue or I would completely change my outcome or goal.

I'm planning on an amazing year with lots of breakthroughs and shifts, so my word for 2010 will hopefully facilitate me during my journey this year!

Here's to a fun, productive and successful 2010!!

3 comments:

  1. yay, hilary. what a PERFECT word for your ongoing exploration and all the adventures that 2010 will hold for you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfect word sweetie. i hope that your 2010 brings lots of joy, sparkle, warmth & love. hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you so much for your kind comment about popcorn. the death of a pet is always a very difficult thing. your comment meant a lot to me. hugs!!

    ReplyDelete